Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Painful cramps, bleeding with large clots. Tests to do.

Resolved Question:

Hi, I am a 30 year old woman, and I have several health issues that i need help with. All i want is some info on where to start getting help that i need. I do not have insurance and will be self paying. I am absolutely miserable and need to see someone. Here is a list of my symptoms
very painful cramps
pain in ovaries
excessive bleeding
large blood clots
mid month clots and spotting
excessive foul discharge
bleeding after sex
brain fog
cant lose weight
get full very fast
pain after eating
excessive acid reflux
dumping syndrome
severe anxiety
stabbing pains throughout body
tired all the time
no energy
random insomnia
severe depression
headache every day
heart flutter and rapid heart beat
memory loss
developing food allergies in my late 20's
restless legs
tingling and numbness in fingers and toes
feel things crawling on me that arent there
I have had three pregnancies and three healthy babies. I had my tubes tied at 22 and my gallbladder out at 27. I had a colonoscopy when i was 27 that found stomach ulcers and polyps. I have a hiatal hernia and an umbilical hernia. I have had daily headaches for several years, and have had 2 MRI's that have come back with nothing wrong. At 23 i had an attack of A-fib. I went to the ER and then the ICU was given meds and released. Since then i have not had an attack like that time but still have almost daily heart flutters and my heart beat is faster than normal. I just need to know what to do next. what kind of dr i need to see. I have seen a few general practice drs but have not had any results. Any info would be gratefully appreciated. Thank You

Category: OBGYN

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Infertility Specialist
 20 Doctors Online

Thanks for posting your query at
You have a long list of complaints, so you will have to see more than one Specialist.
Let us tackle them group - wise.
1. You need to see an OB - GYN for your menstrual issues and ovarian issues.
2. A Gastroenterogist for the food allergies, bloating , reflux.
3. A psychologist for the anxiety, feeling of unease , insomnia and general ill - being.
What is your height and weight ?
These 3 specialities should help you with the most of your issues. I will help you with the gynaec complaints. Please get back to me with your height and weight.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.

Patient replied :

I am 5'7 and i weigh 230 lbs. My mom has been a nurse for 30 years and she thinks i may have some kind of thyroid and hormone imbalance i have dieted and excersised and and i can not shed more than 10 lbs. I dont gain alot of weight anymore , its mostly a gradual gain over time. I have had the general test for thyroid and it came back both times normal. I dont know if this is worth mentioning, but i do have quite a few hairs on my breasts, chin, neck and down below my belly button. It is nothing like a beard or excessive but it is noticable. I also have a very high sex drive, but most of the time I will want to have sex but i am so exhausted we dont. I figured i needed a OB-GYN for the female stuff. I guess one question i have is could a hormone imbalance be the cause of my headaches? I litteraly have one from the moment i wake up until i finally fall asleep at night. Thanks for any advice.

Dear Cami,
Sure I would help you with the OB - GYN issue.
I think you are very likely to have PCOS - Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome.
This is basically a condition of hormonal imbalance.
The ovaries get studded with multiple cysts, and they do not rupture to form mature eggs.
It is typically characterized by irregular , delayed periods, heavy periods with clots, unexplained weight gain, thick, coarse hair growth on the chin, hair etc, dark pigmentation of the nape of the neck , groin, armpits.
You need to consult an OB - GYN.
Then please go for an internal exam, pelvic ultrasound scan and the following tests, preferably on day 2 of your cycle -
FSH, LH, TSH, Prolactin, OGTT, Free Testosterone, Lipid Profile, DHEAS.
This will clarify the diagnosis.
Treatment consists of a preparation called Metformin, and dedicated programme for weight loss.
Even a 5 % weight loss will result in regular cycles.
Yes, it can cause unexplained headaches too.
The above tests will check for thyroid levels also.
Hope this information helps you. Would be glad to answer discuss further.

Dr. Aarti Vazirani
Category: Infertility Specialist
Residency: Obstetrics & Gynecolog, BJMC,Civil hospital, Ahmedabad, 2008
Post Graduate: MS (Obstetrics & Gynecology), B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad, 2008
Medical School: MBBS, B.J. Medical College, Ahmedabad, 2004
Dr. Aarti Vazirani and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news