PEP treatment for HIV after oral sex.

This passed Sunday I had a sexual encounter with a man. He said his hiv status was negative but I am unable to confirm that.

He preformed oral sex on me till I ejaculated. I preformed oral sex on him for no longer that 30 seconds. He did not ejaculate as far as I could tell. We did nothing else of risk whatsoever.

I am just outside of the 72 hour windows, would any PEP treatment be warranted?

Category: Gastroenterologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your medical query to DoctorSpring.com
There is nothing suggestive of ovarian cancer from the information you have given and from the test reports. For your assurance, you can get Ca-125 test done to see if you have ovarian cancer. Ca-125 is the tumor marker for ovarian cancer.
I would suggest the following possibilities from your history. Possible causes of left lower abdominal pain can be

• Diverticulitis: inflammation of small outpouchings of the colon which arise in the setting of constipation. What are your usual bowel movements like?
  • Pelvic inflammatory disease: have you ever had a sexually transmitted disease? Have you been recently evaluated by an OBGYN? Do you have any current cervical discharge?
  • It could also be irritable bowel syndrome: this seems likely in terms of relief of pain with bowel. This cannot be diagnosed by any investigations. Clinical criteria for diagnosing this condition includes: The most important are abdominal pain and discomfort lasting at least three days a month in the last three months, associated with two or more of following: improvement with defecation, altered frequency of stool or altered consistency of stool.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.

Yes. I've also thought of pid as well as diverticulitis. I've had 2 paps since April, both normal as well as pelvic exams and std testing all have come back fine. Are these things reacurrent? I thought about ordering a ca 125 yet but read they aren't very accurate with diagnosing. As for my stools thy are usually hard or pebble like. I tried taking Metamucil for a couple weeks but it really made me bloated and gassy so I switched to culturelle and have been having somewhat normal bowel movements since. Is irritable bowel syndrome really a diagnosis? Isn't it usually from an underlying condition like a food sensitivity or something?

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 3 Days.

Ca 125 is used as a screening test for ovarian cancer. You can get it done if you have doubts that you have ovarian cancer.
Yes, PID and diverticulitis can be recurrent.
Constipation can also cause abdominal discomfort.
And yes constipation predominant irritable bowel syndrome should also be considered in the differential diagnosis. It is a functional bowel disorder.

Ok thank you. Any Idea what the sharp, knee dropping, can't take a step pains I might be feeling are? It's usually right before a bowel movement. Feels like it's in my rectum. Thanks

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 2 Days.

Thank you for the follow up.
Can you please explain all your symptoms in detail?

They are random pains felt in my rectum. Very sharp and very intense.

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 1 Day.

Thank you for the follow up and sorry for the delay in reply.
Such rectal pain/ pain in the anal area could be secondary to hemorrhoids or anal fissures/ infections or minor injuries to the rectal canal.
Sometimes even an apisode of constipation can lead to such symptoms.

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University