Pimple above lip with pain on touch. Treatment?

Hi There.

Two days ago (Sat), I woke up with a small pimple on the skin above my upper lip. It was barely hurting and I didn't think much of it. I shaved in the morning and went about my day.

Slowly swelling starting to appear on my upper lip. I have a mild constant pain; not enough for an emergency visit. The swollen area is about 1/4 of an inch wide.

When I press on the pimple, it hurts a bit.

As far as I know I don't have any allergies. No changes in my diet.

My gut feeling is it could possibly be some mild infection after shaving, although I don't recall any cuts.

The swelling is secondary to the pimple you mentioned. Any infection on the face can cause a lot of swelling.

I would recommend that you apply Mupirocin cream twice a day over the pimple. Also you will need to take an oral antibiotic like azithromycin and tab. Serratiopeptidase to reduce the swelling.

You will need a prescription for the tablets.

The swelling should resolve with the medications. In case it doesn't in a couple of days you will need to consult your doctor.