Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Problem of frequent menstruation

Resolved Question:

Hello.. Actually..i got my periods in 1st week of dec..bleeding usually stops within 7 days..but den aftr 2 weeks it started 2 bleed again..i wento da doctor..nd she gave me a stopd 4 few days..and again it started..can u tell me what is wrong.

Category: Sexologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 20 Doctors Online

Thank you for using Ask a doctor service from Doctor Spring.

You have mentioned that you have got periods nearly three times in a month or so. This condition is called polymenorrhoea. It is a type of dysfunctional uterine bleeding in which the periods occurs at much shorter intervals, usually less than 21 days. This can really be bothersome; if it occurs time after time it can cause deep concern. I understand your problem, and will try to help the best I can.

The commonest cause for polymenorrhoea is stress. If you are emotionally stressed out due to personal issues or work, please take time and relax your mind. Keep yourself calm and composed. This can really affect your menstrual cycle. Try to go for regular exercise like walking or jogging 30-45 mins daily. However don't over exercise as that itself can cause polymenorrhoea. Other cause could be endometriosis which is the presence of endometrial cells (uterus lining cells) outside the uterus which causes bleeding in between periods. Other causes include adenomysis, endometritis and endometrial hyperplasia.

I would recommend you to consult a Gynaecologist, who will be able to evaluate the underlying cause for your problem. She might require a detailed history about your menstrual cycle and will do a thorough physical examination of vulva vagina and to some extent uterus as well. she might also ask for few blood tests like serum human chorionic gonadotropin level (hCG), bleeding time, prothrombin time and partial thromboplastin time, complete blood count (CBC) with platelets, and vWF and USG abdomen. These will aid her in identifying the underlying cause.

The initial line of treatment for his condition would be with oral contraceptive pills or progesterone containing medicines. However once the underlying condition is diagnosed specific targeted therapy will give you permanent relief from this problem.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you need further help.

Thank you.

Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news