Raised , visible vein in shin without pain, itching.

I notice a vein in my leg on the outside of my shin that appears to be visible and slightly raised. It goes across my thigh. There's no pain, it isn't discolored, no tingling, etc. Is this something I should be worried about? It's on my right leg, which is the leg I tend to favor using.

It is difficult to predict whether it is a sign of varicosity or not, without examining it, but if the vein recently got distended and started appearing red, then it most probably could be a varicose vein. The vein that runs along the entire length of the lower limb, is the Great Saphenous Vein, which is also prone for anxiety.
Do you have any history of walking or standing for prolonged periods?
Or prolonged immobilization?
So to sum up, if this vein has recently become raised, then it is better you get it examined by a general surgeon who can do some clinical examinations and rule out varicosity. If it has always been there, and do not cause any symptoms, then you can safely ignore it.

I'm an anxious person, so I do pace around a bit. I also tend to, when I'm sitting, move my legs around a lot out of anxiety/hyperactivity, sort of like fidgeting. The vein is not colored at all, it is certainly not red, it does not hurt, etc. It is in my dominant leg - my right leg - and has no pain, no swelling, no tingling, discoloration / redness, etc. Could this just be a normal thing? It couldn't be a sign of some sort of clot or DVT or something life-threatening, could it?

I understand your anxiety.
DVT is different than varicose, varicose can be present for years without causing any difficulties, while DVT will almost immediately present with swelling around the affected vein, and mostly pain while walking around.
It definitely does not seem life threatning. A lot of people of varicose for years which does not need any treatment.
Yet if you ask me the best way to go about it, is to get it physically examined by a surgeon, who can rule out varicose.

So it doesn't seem to be something I should be seriously worried about? I haven't had surgery or been bed-ridden, nor do I fly or drive long distances. I also take low dose aspirin pretty much daily. Do you think I need to be at all worried about clots or anything like that? The vein I can see it right over the shin bone, so it is not deep.

Yeah it does not seem to be anything to be worried about.
Sometimes even without any kind of predisposing factors, varicosity can be present. If confirmed, how far it is affecting the blood supply can be found out from Doppler.
Based on that intervention can be decided upon.
You do not have to worry about clots at all.
You can get it examined at your convenience.