Raised WBC, NEUTROPHILS, LYMPHOCYTES in blood report.

my grand son age 10 months have blood report wbc 11400 platelet 2.80 but neutrophils blood 22 and lymphocytes blood 71 so any risk or due infections ?

Category: Hematologist

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 4 Days.

Dear grandparent,
I can understand your concerns. If you can tell me what symptoms your
grandson had and what prompted you to get the aforementioned blood
test, it would be useful.

sir 15 days back vacination given called MMR, from some 1 months back near neck we r feeling that he have some kind of lymphonode not redish not etching nothing just feeling thats why we gone to pediatric dr yesterday afternoon he told nothing to worry and wait for one week and then do this test
but we have done this test yesrday it self
child is always happy and looks like normal only but we all r worried and this report still not shown to pediatric dr

Expert:  Dr. Prasad Eswaran replied 3 Days.

Dear grandparent,
There is no reason to worry. Lymph node enlargement in the head and neck region can be very common in this age group. Most children are immunologically active, meaning that their immune systems are going through a phase of active development. Hence lymphoid tissues in the body increase in size.
Your grandson's blood test reports are well within normal limits. The lymphocytic predominance (lymphocyte proportion of 71% could be considered normal for his age. The doctor has been right in pointing out that there is no need for concern. We could have avoided getting this blood test as well. There is no need to put a healthy 10-month old through a blood test just to allay our anxiety. I would sincerely advise you to refrain from unnecessary testing.

Ok sir
Thank you for your valuable advice
If anything is there will send query

Dr. Prasad Eswaran
Doctorate in Medicine (Fellowship in Oncology), DM,  Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India.

Doctor of Medicine (Residency in Radiation Oncology) , MD, Christian Medical College, Vellore, Tamilnadu, India, 2004-06.

Diploma in Medical Radiology & Therapy (Residency in Radiation Oncology), D.M.R.T, Madras Medical College & Govt. General Hospital, Chennai, India, 2004-06.

Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery - M.B.B.S, Govt. Stanley Medical College & Hospital, Chennai, India, 1998-2004.