Rash on groin crease

Have a rash on my right hip on the crease in the skin where the hip meets the thigh. It's not itchy or sore but has reappeared 3 or 4 times in the last two years. Tried anti fungal creams got over the counter and they didn't work. It hasn't spread at all. Just reappears in same place

Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com. I can understand your concern.

It's pityriasis rosea.

It's thought to be due to viral infection. It's a self limiting condition and lasts for 8 to 10 weeks and then resolves on its own. If there is any itching, hydrocortisone lotion can be applied. There is no other treatment required.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Many thanks for your advice.

Should I be worried about the fact that it keeps reoccurring? This is the fourth time in two years it has come back in the exact same place.

Are there any treatment options at all to remove it?

Peter

There is no cause for worry if it's recurring. As I said it is a self resolving condition and no treatment will actually resolve the lesions. It will just help in resolving any itching that you may have.