Reason for different results of AMYLASE and LIPASE.

Hello sir,
This is your old patient as I have renewed now .
As I took blood test on29/8/14 for amylase and lipase in microlabindia and on 3/9/14 I took amylase and lipase in another lab but the test result is different . And my cousin said continue the tablet for another 10 days . I'm in confusion lab to lab test is confusing me . Or I can go for another hospital (gem hospital) Coimbatore or it will take time to heal?? I attending some function for past 10 days and my diet is changed because of junk food . Here I'm attaching the result i took .im very anxious because of this different results . Please advice me .

Category: Gastroenterologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Ratnakar Kini replied 4 Days.

As mentioned during the previous conversation, do not go by the lab reports alone.
You have to correlate it with your symptoms.
Since you do not have any symptoms now and since the CT scan is also normal, there is no need to worry.
There is no need to keep repeating the lab tests.
The medications you have been prescribed are for gastritis and esophagitis and you have to continue taking them for at least 4 weeks.
I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.R.K.

Dr. Ratnakar Kini
Fellowship - DM - TN Dr.MGR Medical UniversityResidency - TN Dr.MGR Medical University Medical School - Stanely Medical College, TN Dr.MGR Medical University