Recurrent moles in the legs.

Hello, i am 66-years old lady. I shaved my hair on the leg and shaved one old light small mole totally off by accident. I wen to the doc after two days and he took a punch biopsy where the mole had been. The pathologi told it was un ulceratio but the reason of the ulceratio is not clear. But I think i made that ulceratio by myself by shaving the mole. My doc said :let it be.That biopsy was 4 of february but the spot of that biopsy is still red/brown and about 3mm like that punch biopsy. Why it looks still like that?

Thanks for posting your query.

I checked the picture, from what I can appreciate is that the mole has come back in the area from which the biopsy was taken. It may not have healed completely because a deep punch biopsy might have been taken.

I would recommend that you visit your doctor once again and ask him to have a look.

Also it looks slightly inflamed and hence application of neosporin cream will be helpful in healing.

Intake of vitamin c supplements orally will further help in healing.

In case you have diabetes, that may further delay healing.

Once the healing is complete, the mole may need to be treated again.

I will be glad to answer all your doubts that you may want to discuss.

Hello, I think it is not that former mole, which was a littlerisen and very light and small about 2mm. This new area is flat and red, not raised at all.I was not sure if that former mole was a mole or a fibroma, I have many of these kind of fibromas. The punch biopsy was taken very deep, about 8mm, the doc said. Thanks you for you answer.

Thanks for the information. In the picture it looked like a mole. However as you said its red and inflamed, it's just the biopsy site which is healing. Still I would recommend that you let your doctor have a look once.