Red lump below belly button

I have a lump about 2" below my belly button, it is red and slightly fevered on and around the bump. The top of the bump feels like fluid and the rest of it feels hard. This appeard on Sunday the 10th of November. Should i be alarmed?

Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com. I can understand your concern.

This seems to be a bacterial infection that you have developed in the skin around the bump.

The bump however can't be clearly seen. I request you to send another photo of the bump.

Meanwhile, I would recommend that you take a short course of an oral antibiotic for a week. This will help in resolving the bacterial infection. You will need a prescription for the antibiotic like azithromycin.

You can apply neosporin cream over it twice a day which will help in resolving the infection too.

Hope this helps, Please let me know if you have any queries.