Red marks on forehead, nose with mild pain. SHINGLES?

6 days ago I developed a one-inch red mark on my forehead, above my right eye as well as a half-inch red mark on the tip of my nose. The nose itches, and the forehead mark has a slight burn to it but the pain is very minor. Both have flaked a small amount of skin.

Doctor diagnosed it as Shingles and I've used Valtrex for 3 days. I'm skeptical of the diagnosis because no blisters developed and the pain is nearly non-existent.

I want to know another opinion on what the condition is.

Normally if there is an allergy to some medication, it persists through out the life. But since you have not developed any allergies to Penicillin, in recent times it should not be a problem.
Some children are more prone to develop allergies, in their childhood and it corrects itself by the time they are an adult.