Sharp pain in rectum, abdomen after sex for years. Cause?

for about the last 2-3 years old patientI've been having really sharp pains in my rectum, and abdomen. It usually occurs after sex, before, during, and after my period and then just at random times...it hurts sooo bad. I went and got a pap smear last year and everything came back normal and I was put on birth control, I took it for one month and stopped because I'm trying to conceive and its been months and I haven't gotten pregnant

What is your age ?
Are your cycles regular ?
The symptoms are very much suggestive of endometriosis, particularly in the rectal area.
This condition is characterized by painful sex, pain during defecation and painful periods.
Please get a pelvic and abdominal ultrasound scan and MRI to confirm the diagnosis.
Examination by a Specialist OB - GYN can also confirm this diagnosis.
Sometimes, laparoscopy is needed to confirm it.
There are various medications available to treat this condition, last resort is surgery.
It might be leading to conception related problems.
Please get your partner's semen analysis done.
Get the workup done as suggested for you and then please revert with the reports.
All the best
Looking forward to hearing from you.

I'm 22 years old patientold, and yes I believe they are regular. I have an appointment to see my doctor Monday, Thank you.

Yes, please keep me posted.