Thank you for choosing DoctorSpring.
I would like to know some additional details from you so that I can provide a solid and learned opinion.
You can reply as a followup.
1. Can please provide some specific details about the location of pain. Where exactly in the shoulder ? Front , back , side ? And how does it radiate down the arm --- via the sides ? via front of the arm ?
2. Till where in the arm do you experience this radiating pain ? Upto the elbow ? Forearm ? wrists ?
3. Is there pain when you lift the arm ?
4. Does it pain when you sleep (especially if you keep your head over it etc )
5. Is there any numbness or shock like sensation ?
6. Does it pain if you press ? (if so where ?)
Patient replied :
the pain seems to be at the top of by shoulder down the side of my arm like on the the side of the biceps. there also seems to be a little bit of bruising righ below the top of the shoulder on the back side. the pain radiates down the side of my arm when i move it.
I typically on my side with like my arms at my side. i have been trying to sleep on the other side but in my sleep i always seem to turn over on to my left side where it hurts.
the pain radiate down until my elbow.
it hurts even to lift it a little bit. so much as to when i go to type on my computer for work i get a huge shriek of pain going down to my elbow. i would mostly say yes it is a shock sensation. i have not tried to lift my arm up very much because it hurts with even the slightest bit of movement. it seems to be a little bit swollen through that muscle also in my upper arm (on the backside of my bicep)
it does hurt of i press on my should but not if i press down in through my forearm.
i hope this helps! Thank you!
Thank you for your reply. Considering the particular nature of your consult I got opinion from our team Orthopedician . Dr. Mukesh Tiwarii
Your symptoms are suggestive of a ligament injury. Although some feature like radiation favours more of a nerve injury, the local pain, bruise, pain on movement points towards ligament injury. You should rest the joint in neutral position. You can use a sling so that the elbow is kept in a neutral position (the typical broken arm sling position) .
You can and should take Advil twice a day. This will reduce the pain and inflammation. If you have medical acess you should get medical help as soon as possible. Shoulder joint is actually delicate joint. Appropriate care will avoid any long term complications.
Hope this helps
Feel free to ask followups