Skin coloured bumps, growths in penis after shaving. INGROWTH HAIR?

To begin, I am a 20 year old male that has been in a sexual relationship with another male for the past year. He is the only person in the past year I have had sexual relations with, and as far as I know, I'm the only person he's had sexual relations with.

Back in December, I shaved my pubic hair for the first time and made a few cuts that developed into what look like growths, what I believed to be ingrown hairs from the cuts. I have since only trimmed, but the growths remain.

A few months later, I noticed that I had small skin-colored bumps on the shaft of my penis and near the scrotum. I was using Protopic ointment at the time to control eczema on the shaft when I noticed these bumps, but also realized that they appeared after anal intercourse. However, it was not the first time we had had anal intercourse.

I've tried doing my own research online, but have gotten a variety of answers. I plan on visiting my primary care physician soon in order to help clear things up, but figured I would ask here first to see if any answers could be given

Any help would be fantastic.

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

From your history, it could be genital warts. These are caused by hpv virus and are transmitted sexually.

However, I won't be able to tell you for sure whether they are warts without seeing the lesion.

I would like to request you to send me a picture of the growths.
It will give me a better picture,

I have attached photos. The first picture are the small bumps on the shaft. The second are the growths that appeared after shaving.
Thanks so much
- Aaron

Hello Aaron.

This seems to be a viral infection called molluscum contagiousum. It's caused by a pox virus.
When it occurs in the genital area, it's usually sexually transmitted.
The treatment for it would be application of Aldara cream, once at night, for 5 days or a week, only on the lesions.

Thank you for responding and for the diagnosis. Because it's probably sexually transmitted, should I be worried about possible other viruses? I realize I should go get tested, but are there certain symptoms or other things I should worry about as well?
Also, do I have to get a perscription for Aldara, or is it possible to buy over-the-counter?
Thanks, Aaron

Thanks for posting your reply.

Molluscum contagiousum didn't give rise to any other symptoms. Its best to get tested for other STDs and HIV. As these conditions at times can co exist.

Aldara cream will require a prescription.