Skin condition appearing at different places

what is this skin condition has appeared different places over last few months upper lower back buttox cheeks shoulder and back of arm. Resolves by itself or with hydrocoirtizone

Thanks for posting your query. I can understand your concern.

It seems to be a case of papular urticaria. It is caused due to an allergy to something.

I would recommend that you take an antihistamine like claritin once a day and apply neosporin cream and cortisone cream mixed together on the affected areas. This will help in resolving the lesions.

Usually papular urticaria is caused due to insect bites, dust allergy etc.

An antihistamine resolves the allergic component and provides relief.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up queries.

Admin Message -

We have processed a free upgrade to specialist consult worth $17 for you. In future, kindly choose consulting a specialist when your health query merits an opinion of a specialist. General queries are handled by General Practitioners.

Hi Doctor,

One question does this sort of papular urticaria have scaling because it seems to different places on the lesions but sometimes on the inner part of the circles or spots

thanks for your reply.

Papular urticaria doesnt have scaling usually.

is it possible for you to post a picture of the scaling and a few more pictures of the lesions too?

thanks

The photo sent on first email maybe you can zoom in as phone quality isn't great. The scale is whitish and as per photo majority of lesions are annular with central clearing with scale appearing on top or on the inner part of the lesion. Over the last few months have appeared up and lower back, buttox cheeks and shoulder. Its not ringworm as costeroid clears it up

I understand that taking a picture might be a little difficult, but however the first photo itself wasn't clear, hence i couldn't appreciate it clearly.

Based on your description, it could be either erythema annulare centrifugum or pityriasis rosea.

Both are self limiting conditions and respond to hydrocortisone.

However, its important to know the correct diagnosis as erythema annulare centrifugum is associated with an underlying disease.

Hence I recommend that you send a clearer photo or visit your dermatologist for an evaluation.

take care

is this any better?

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 1 Day.

The picture is clear. It's pityriasis rosea.

It's thought to be due to viral infection.

It's a self limiting condition and lasts for 8 to 10 weeks and then resolves on its own.

If there is any itching, hydrocortisone lotion can be applied.

There is no other treatment required.