Soreness on underside of penis diagnoses as benign kerartosis

My husband has soreness on the underside of his penis. He has been to the dermatologist and was told he had a benign keratosis, and it was removed. That was a few weeks ago and he is still in pain. He is too embarrassed to go back to the doctor so I thought I would try here first. They biopsied that spot and it was nothing. That was on the side of his penis and the pain now is on the underside. It comes and goes with very little redness. he has tried creams and powders but nothing really helps. Any thoughts?

Thanks for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com.

I would like to ask a few queries. Answers will enable me to help you best.

When is the soreness? Is it throughout the day? Is there any redness present right now? Any blisters or itching? You could also get back with high resolution picture of the concerned area.

Please reply as follow-up.

It isn't really red most of the time. There are no sores or blisters. He has pain throughout the day. The more he moves around the more it hurts. It also tends to get sore at night like its rubbing or something. We have been avoiding sex for a while to see if that helps, and he has tried powders and creams but nothing seems to help. He'll have a day or two of relief and then it comes back.

In this case, I would recommend he meets a urologist. A physical examination to rule out the cause of pain would be necessary.

Creams or powders won't be of much help.