Spotting, stomach cramps with no egg in SCAN. MISCARRIAGE?

Hello. I am getting confusing reports from the hospital when I went to see if I was having a miscarriage and I was hoping to speak to someone about my options. Specifically, my OB Gyn saw a fetus(at a very early stage) on his ultrasound but when we went to the hospital, they said that they saw the egg but there was nothing inside. Is it possible for the fetus to just disappear? It doesn't make sense. I am/should be about 5-6 weeks pregnant and just had a little spotting and very weak stomach cramps(which might have been gas) and I went to the hospital and that is what they told me and suggested that they do a D&C. I asked to take a couple of days to speak with my OB GYN. They also took my blood and today it came back saying that I have a high level of HCG.

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist

Yes there is a very small chance of acquiring Hep C, no chance of getting HIV. I would like to reassure you that the chance is really minute, so with one such exposure it does not seem probable. Onyl repeated exposures provide a greater risk.
You will be more careful and avoid such exposures.

Hi doctor,
Thankyou very much for your prompt response. May I ask why HIV isn't a risk but Hep C is? I thought they both would pose a risk?
In your professional oppinion should I put this event behind me and not worry about it? I have learnt my lesson for sure.
Thanks.

Yes in my professional opinion you should not worry about it.
I said no HIV because, it has never been reported that way, although in rare cases Hepatitis C has been reported.
See the thing is most people who share such straws also has other added IV abuse techniques they implement, so even the rare cases of Hep C that has been reported, you never know it is because of sharing straw or other IV abuse they subject themselves too.
So do not worry. You will be fine.

Thanks again doctor. Your answer is very reassuring. I will move on from this and not think about it anymore.
Thanks.

I am glad I was helpful.
Let me know if you ever need my assistance in the future.
Wish you great health!