Stomach cramps, DIARHHEA, sweating and chills. FOOD POISONING?

49 yo F. Felt great yesterday, slept like a champ. Woke up this am with stomach cramps and had terrible diarrhea with severe cramping and sweating. Now, have chills and weak. No vomiting or nausea. Ate breakfast and no more diarrhea as of 3 hours later. Am thinking it is simply food poisoning, the only thing I ate yesterday that differed was alfalfa sprouts which i know can be a carrier for e coli. Question, does food poisoning sound right? One purge from the bowels and I am done? If so, is it worth going to the urgent care to give a stool sample so that if it is the sprouts the manufacturer can be notified?

Thanks!

Also checked and no fever...and this may sound weird, but I have had really strong burps this morning, after the episode.

I really appreciate the fact that you're so concerned about the community. Yes if possible you can notify the manufacturer since it can be a common source of infection for a lot of people. But giving stool sample as of now is not required.
From your description, it typically fits acute gastroenteritis. The fact that you don't have fever is also encouraging.
I will advise you to keep yourself adeqautely hydrated till the symptoms subside and it will be prudent to start medication for the same.
I advise the following :
1) Tab. Loperamide SOS ( to control diarrhea, can be taken every 6 hours if required )
2) Tab. Ciplox 500 mg twice daily for 3-5 days depending on the severity of your symptoms.
3) Cap. Omeprazole 20 mg once daily before breakfast for 3-5 days. ( if the burping continues )
4) Probiotic capsules/ supplements like curd fortified with probiotics.
Please have bland food till your diarrhea frequency is controlled.