Sudden appearance of flashes and floaters in eye. Cause?

I am 32 year old single female with asthma on treatment, had sudden appearance of flashes and floaters around 10 months ago . I was checked by an eye dr who said that I suffer peripheral retinal degeneration in right eye. He fixed it with lazer on same day the I had another lazer repair upon follow up visit in 5 days. I got my eyes checked last March and I was told everything is fine. I noticed over the past 2 months that I can not tolerate any bright light at night time and my right eye would close by itself. It feels uncomfortable and my eys would be straining to close all the time. I saw just one passing floater this afternoon. I want an explanation and to know if i need my eyes to be checked again or not. Thank u

Category: Ophthalmologist

Expert:  Dr. Manish Malhotra replied 4 Days.

As far as degeneration is concerned , its good that laser was done . But some times after laser , their is liquefaction of vitreous jelly , so you see a floater , now as far as glare is concerned, you need a detailed check up like for any opacity in the lens . Kindly get a routine detailed examination. That is the only way to rule out an opacity.

Dr. Manish Malhotra
Fellowship: L. V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad
Fellow Pediatric Ophthalmology & Squint (L.V. Prasad Eye Institute, Hyderabad)
Medical School, Residency: MBBS, DOMS, FLVPEI, Nagpur university, 1995