Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Thick red median raphe of scrotum and anorgasmia

Resolved Question:

I have a few questions about my penis. I have a normal circumcised penis with a large circumcision scar and an intact frenulum. Down the entire bottom side of the shaft of my penis and continuing down my testicles there is a red line. I understand that this is normal, but nearing the center of my shaft, the line enlarges and becomes quite thick and red/dark brown. It is unsightly, and I was wondering if there is any way to correct this?

Secondly, I have had trouble achieving an orgasm in the past year. Prior to that I had a normal orgasmic response to manual stimulation, but now I still get horny, I still masturbate and I still ejaculate, but without a full on orgasm. I have tried to stop masturbation for a week, but it has not really helped. I don't know what to do.

Lastly, when I achieve an erection, my penis becomes slants very tightly on my chest. It is so stiff that when I try to pull it down to masturbate or have intercourse, it actually becomes very painful. How can this be helped?

Thank you so much for helping me. Both of these issues are very important to me.

Category: Urologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
 32 Doctors Online


Thanks for you query at DoctorSpring. I have reviewed your pic as well as the penile issues.

As far as the midline scar is concerned it is median raphe and it normally exists for everybody. You can get it excised by surgery but I shall not advise for it as the scar of surgery may be more awful to look at.

I shall be interested to know whether the lack of orgasm has happened after the circumcision or the circumcision was done long time ago. If surgery was done long time back and it has no connection to lack of orgasm then you should start yourself on T. Buspirone. it shall help you.

Angulation to one side is normally seen with all males. However, your angulation is very severe and appears to be troublesome. Your angulation can be corrected by surgery ( Nesbit's plication). However, the surgery shall shorten your penis a little bit.

I hope I have answered all your queries. However, I shall be more than happy if I can be of any other help.


Patient replied :

-T. bustpirone: That is an anxiety and depression medication no? Is my lack of orgasm helped with that? If so how? Also it seems to have a lot of adverse effects, are there any alternatives?

-I feel like my median raphe is pretty large and noticeable. Could any topical medications or laser treatments make it better?

-How much will the surgery shorten the penis?

Thanks so much :)


T. Buspirone is an antianxiety medication but it has a role in management of anorgasmia too and it has nothing to do with its antianxiety action. At dosage of 10 mg twice daily it has very minimal side effects.

You can try applying Momate F cream on the raphe and hopefully it improves.
The surgery shall shorten the penis by 1- 1.5 cm.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to discuss further.


Dr. Rajiv Goel
Category: Sexually Transmitted Diseases(STD)Specialist
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998
Dr. Rajiv Goel and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news