Treatment for CERVICAL COMPRESSIVE MYOPATHY, INFARCT In brain.

sub - treatment for servical compressive myelopathy

My father is at 65. He used to teach yoga and pranayam for past 15 years and prior to last 4 month he was an expert. He found servical compressive myelopathy in late 2013. His hands and fingures movements have started shaking due to the spinal cord compression. Last October he fell down from bed and got his Hip broken. He was admitted to hospital and after 30 days staying in the hospital Doctors are referring to go for surgery. His medical report shows as per the below issues -

right fracture neck of femur
left anterior parafalcine frontal cortex\cingulate gyrus acute infarct
hyponatremia - now after medications he has no more sodium defeciency
diabetes mellitus-II,
depression,
d12 compression fracture,
servical compressive myelopathy

Category: Neurologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
I have noted your father's medical problems. It is unfortunate that he has multiple problems.
Cervical compressive myelopathy leads to weakness of arms and legs, and also difficulty in walking, using hands, etc. Later on, urine and motion problems also occur. The best treatment for cervical compressive myelopathy is by surgery in the neck region. The surgery is major, however, in the hands of an experienced surgeon, it is reasonably safe. He should use a neck collar at this time until surgery is done.
Hyponatremia (low sodium) has already corrected.
Acute infarct in the left side of brain may lead to weakness of right arm and right leg. This would get better with exercises and physiotherapy.
I hope it helps.
Best wishes,
Dr. Sudhir Kumar MD (Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist

Thanks for the advise. Do you know any good physicians in India where the operation is more safe.

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 3 Days.

Thank you for getting back.
I work at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad. Here, Dr Alok Ranjan is very good and has performed several similar surgeries in the past.
Best wishes,
Senior Consultant Neurologist

Thank you for a quick response. Could you please pass on his contact details?

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 2 Days.

Thank you for the follow up.
I am sorry I am not allowed to do that due to organisation policy and legal hassles.
You can contact apollo hyderabad and if you ask for the doctor, they will connect you to him.
All the best.

Dr. Sudhir Kumar
Senior Residency, Fellowship: DM, Neurology, CMC, Vellore, 2001
Junior Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, CMC, Vellore, 1998
Medical School: MBBS, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 1995