Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Unprotected sex and fever with bodyache

3 weeks ago, I had unprotected one night stand with girl. 2 days later the following symptoms occurred, -fever, body aches, fatigue. No other symptoms. Lasted 4 to 5 days. Then 2 weeks later, had unprotected sex with new girl friend. 2 days later, she had the same symptoms I had plus lack of hunger and pain in abdomen. she has had them for 3 days and going.

Notes:
-The day I had the one night stand I received the live flu vaccine in the nasal spray form.
-Have been tested before the one night stand no prior STDS
-After my girl friend became ill, I was tested for stds with a urine sample. Was the only test done and came back negative but I know that doesn't test every std.

I guess my question is, What test should I get done as I cannot afford every test and any ideas on the most likely cause?

Expert:  Dr. Deepu Sebin Sebastian replied 4 Days ago

The symptoms you had (and then later your girlfriend) is not very suggestive of a STD. It could be a common flu (viral infection), transmitted by close contact. However since there is a history of unprotected sex, you should get tested for STDs.

There are two options.

1. Get in touch with a STD clinic and go for a standard test which covers most of the STDs.

2. Get tested for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea in Urine (mostly already done in your case). Then after 6 weeks from last sexul encounter you can go for a HIV and Hepatitis B and C test. Also do a thorough Physical examination to see whether there is any lesions or mark. If you remain asymptomatic and tests are negative there is no reason for concern.

Do use condoms if future.

Please feel free to ask followup questions.

Users who read this, also read:

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation

CHAT NOW

DoctorSpring in news