URINE TEST for man to test POSITIVE for GONORRHEA.

How good is a urine test for a man to test for gohnerra? I had sex on a Monday and the following Thursday my sex partner tested positive for gohnerra.

The urine test and a swab test ( discharge from the urethra are the standard tests used for Gonorrhoea through out the world, and they have very high senstivity ).
Since your partner has already tested positive, i will advise you to take the following medicines even if you do not have any symptoms.
1) Tab. Levaquin 500 mg as a single dose.
2) Tab. Zithromax ( Azithromycin ) 1.0 g as a single dose.
Even if the bacteria is in incubation period, these medicines will prevent their growth and gonorrhoea won't develop. Normally as a protocol, we should initiate treatment for both partners, once one partner tests positive. Because the more you delay, the more chances of developing urethritis, and other systemic manifestations, in which case the treatment is prolonged.
Kindly get the prescription from your local doctor, and take the doses as advised.
Please feel free to discuss further,

After my sex partner was tested positive for gohnerra I went and had a urine test done and it came back negitive. Should I still be treated?

At times when the bacteria is still in the incubation period,it may not show up in the test.
Also in certain cases, the symptoms occur way later.
So if it is possible, then in my advise, you should get the medicines and prophylactically take them, even though your test is negative.