Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Viral flu.

Had the cold bug which went into my chest sore from coughing and had some pain from it, decided after 12 days or so to try the antibiotic doctor called in me 500 x 3 of Zithromax - well I am ok usually with taken the one 500 then the 3 pills (250) I woke up this morning by a phone call and when I got up fast I felt my heart beat fast from meds, it calmed back down but it scary - I don't think I want to do the other 2 500 mgs - should I call the doctor and get it changed to the 250 which usually is ok and works, I was awaken by hearing my dad had passed away so that could of added to it. but would like to recover from this thanks allot

Expert:  Dr. Deepu S Sebastian replied 4 Days ago

I am sorry to hear about your loss. It is unlikely that the 500mg would cause such symptoms. It could be the reaction of the sad news you received in the morning. Anyway if you had response to the 250mg dose previously (and if you are more comfortable with 250mg) you can take 250mg dose instead of 500mg.

You can cut the 500mg tablet into half and use it. You need not call in your Doctor for another prescription.

I will keep this consult open so that you can get back to me anytime. Let me know if you experience any trouble with the next dose.

Would prev help with chest burning that come on while laying down i did not do any reflex med in 3 days may need other

Expert:  Dr. Deepu S Sebastian replied 3 Days ago

Did you mean Tab. Prevacid?
If yes, you can take it half an hour before a meal, once a day.
This should help relieve your symptoms.
Hope this has helped.

ok so if I do Zithromax at 7:00 I can do prevacid before my dinner and it should help me thru this ordeal I hope

Expert:  Dr. Deepu S Sebastian replied 2 Days ago

You can have one before breakfeast or lunch and one before dinner.
Hope this has helped. Thankyou

Dr. Deepu S Sebastian

Users who read this, also read:

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation

CHAT NOW

DoctorSpring in news