visited massage parlour for sex and developed fever

Sir Im from india male 26yrs of age visited a massage parlour for body relaxation massage & seduced that girl to have sex so i penetrated her for 10 seconds and removed. After 12 days of this incident i got mild fever for 5 hours and next day with body ache and headache after 1 week of (after 18 days of exposure) i got spleen enlargment for three days ( I used to drink daily ) what is my risk of hiv plz answer

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist

Thank you for asking your query.

I assume you had unprotected (without condom). In that case you do have some risk of contracting HIV. The symptoms after 12 days might not be related to HIV. But in rare cases HIV infection can cause early symptoms called - Acute Retroviral Syndrome, which can have the above symptoms.

I recommend you to get tested for HIV as soon as possible. I recommend a RT-PCR testing for an early diagnosis. Alternatively you can visit a VCTC (HIV counselling centre of your Doctor).

Chances are that this symptoms could be due to a viral infection (common flu). So there is no need to worry unnecessarily. But these symptoms needs evaluation and HIV testing is a must.

Please feel free to ask followup questions.