A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What are the tests for finding genital herpes?

Resolved Question:

Hi doctor, I have got some painful blisters in my groins and genitals. I suspect them of genital herpes or something like that. How can I get it ruled out? Are there any tests available to detect genital herpes? Please suggest me some. 

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
Dr. Cecelia J. Russ is online now

Expert:  Dr. Cecelia J. Russ replied 4 Days.

Thanks for the question. There are some tests to find the presence of HSV or Herpes simplex virus in blood. This virus cause genital herpes in human beings. It is better to consult your doctor for more suggestions. He will take a sample of tissues and examine under microscope to find whether it is herpes or not. A herpes sore can easily be identified by a qualified doctor. Many blood tests are also out there to find out the positive strains of herpes antibodies in blood. If your blood contains HSV type 2 antibodies, we can conclude that there is a presence of herpes. There are both expensive and inexpensive tests to find out the condition Hope my answer helps. Take care.

Dr. Cecelia J. Russ
Category: Family Physician-GP
- Medical School - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Duke University Medical Center, Residency in Family Medicine
Dr. Cecelia J. Russ and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Make informed and better medical decisions.

We believe that getting medical questions answered and getting qualified opinions from certified Doctors should be easier.

Specialists from
UK, US, Ind,
Aus & NZ

48000+ consults
in 2015

98.1% Satisfied

100% Satisfaction

How it works

  • Submit question, upload files, if any
  • Consult is assigned to a specialist
  • Doctor replies, Mean response time: 2 hours
  • Intimation by email, ask follow-ups

Recommendations based on

About DoctorSpring.com

Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in News


Make informed and better medical decisions.

Close x

Your account has been deleted.

PS: You can unsubscribe from emails from DoctorSpring, by going to
Unsubscribe link provided in them.