Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com
I need to know a few more details before i give my opinion :-
1) What are your presenting complaints? Apart from the bronchitis? Any abdomen pain/ nausea?
2) What led you to take this saliva sample test?
3) Do you have any history of worm infections? When was the last time you took worm tablets (Albendazole)
4) Did similar thing come out of your sputum, or this one was right in the saliva?
Kindly answer the above mentioned questions, and i will help you further.
Patient replied :
1. Occasional nausea and severe stomach cramps, shortness of breath that worsens on exertion, chest and nerve pain, fatique.
2. I love photography and bought a microscope to take microscopic pictures. I was playing around with it and decided to take a saliva sample. I coughed deeply to get most of these samples.
3. No and never.
4. Most of these were in my sputum.
Thank you for the follow up.
It seems to be worms, even though it's extremely rare to cough out worms in the sputum.
Anyway i will advise you a couple of medicines and you also need to get your sputum culture done, which can find out the exact organism that is present in your sputum.
1) Tab. Albendazole 400 mg, once at bed time, one single dose.
2) Cap. Omeprazole 20 mg once daily before breakfast for 2 weeks.
Take the albendazole( 1 dose ) and the omeprazole for a week and let me know if your symptoms are getting better. Also get your sputum culture and share the reports.