Will I get normal period after having contraceptive pills?

Doctor, I am 24, and had this sort of relationship (long-distance), while websites were on holiday we had sex. Although he used a condom on my request but before actually having sex he took it off without my knowing it. I felt abused with this act of his, but then I got back to take these contraceptive pills. But now the question which is most bothering me and of which I couldn’t get more information from that nurse is that weather I will get normal periods or not and what else will happen to me? Please help me with this situation. I hope no chances of warts as I have seen in genital warts pictures.

Expert:  Dr. John Fuller replied 4 Days.

I would appreciate your brave step to approach me. It is definitely wrong to have faced such kind of situation and i must tell you that having sex without the consent of a woman is a declared crime and it was harsh on you. You could find some help on this matter if you talk or contact a women helpline. But yes on priority to answer your question, the contraceptive or usually called the morning after are just a way to avoid unwanted pregnancy. Since these pills disturb the normal course of action that would happen it is but accepted to create some side effects. Yes, these pills do disturb the normal periods but only for a short period of time or May sometimes lead to irregular periods in between your regular ones. But it is important to understand that you would get back to your normal menstruation cycle probably by your next date. Or one more possibility is that you might get early periods with heavy or unusual bleeding too not related to any kind of wart development that the genital warts pictures show. But as I told this is normal and temporary and you would get back your normal cycle , again it is most important that if you didn’t get back to you normal cycle then , since you had unprotected sex there might be chances of stds that means sexually transmitted diseases. You must check on the symptoms of these diseases and must if possible consult a gynaecologist on priority basis and not just concentrate yourself to genital warts pictures. Wish you a healthy life.

Dr. John Fuller
MD - New York Institute of Technology, New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
Internship, Family Medicine - Lutheran Medical Center
Residency, Family Medicine - The Mount Sinai Hospital