Will YEAST INFECTION mediacation help HERPES INFECTION?

hi I am a 43 year old female who is wondering if a yeast infection medication would help herpes%3F I had been having itching for several months and have a small slit like cut in my vaginal area. I used the yeast infection medicine last month and the itching went away. But know that I have had my period again I am starting to experience itching again. I%27m wondering if this is herpes%2C but from what I read herpes doesn%27t last as long as I have had this for months. I%27m also wondering if it could do with menopause.

Herpes and yeast infection are totally unrelated, since herpes is viral and yeast is a fungal infection.
If the itching has persisted for months, it is most likley due to the yeast infection, which has recurred again for you.
Can you give me some details :
1) When did you get herpes? How many outbreaks have you had?
Did the cut develop as a result of herpes?
2) Have you taken any medicine for herpes?
3) What medicine are you currently using for the yeast infection?
Women with predisposition to yeast infection, can develop it during periods. If it is not getting treated locally, then systemic anti fungal medicine needs to be taken.
Kindly give me answers to the above mentioned questions and i will get back to you.