Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Anything other than genital herpes?

Resolved Question:

Hello doctor, I am a 23 years old male. About a week ago, I had sex with my girlfriend. It was a rigorous one and my condom broke by the act. She promised that she don’t have any sorts of STDs. But I am not convinced by her word. Recently, about 2 -3 days ago, it occurred some little bumps which are red colored, on a side of my genital area. I saw some on my inner thighs also. Each bump I saw was at the base of each hair follicle. There was no itching or burning feeling due to them. Yesterday, I saw some of them turned to water filled blisters and had a size of about quarter inch diameter wise. At the same time some of the other bumps disappeared. I haven’t given it much attention and washed out them thoroughly, after popping them. Later, I found that they are scab covered by thin scabs. As I told you, it occurred yesterday, and today, I found some small blisters in the head of my penis also. I searched over internet for hours and got into conclusion that it is due to genital herpes and I found similar genital herpes pictures. Is there any other explanation for this issue? I am almost sure from those genital herpes pictures that, this also might be due to genital herpes. I am about to get tested and am almost lost now. Can you please help me with this?

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Internal Medicine Specialist
 26 Doctors Online

Thanks for your question and concern. You are likely to be affected with genital herpes and what you have found from genital herpes pictures might be true, in that sense. The lesions and blisters you found might be due to genital herpes infection caused by Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV type 1). These type of lesions are commonly associated with herpes and not due to other STDs. As you experienced, genital herpes symptoms are usually seen within 7 days from the infection. However, this infection is incurable but you can avail relief medication from your doctor. Hope my answer helps. Take care.

Dr. Steve Merris
Category: Internal Medicine Specialist
Medical School - New York University
Internship in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Residency in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - Columbia University Medical Center
Dr. Steve Merris and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news