Pain after cardia abalation

I had a cardiac ablation procedure done in November of 2012. I haven't returned to my doctor for a follow up as I know I should have. As of late, I feel like my heart wants to speed up but doesn't but it still leaves me feeling a little short of breath and a little shakey. I'm going to make an appointment to see him this week but my question is will my high blood pressure cause these symptoms to fluctuate?

Expert:  Dr. Steve Merris replied 4 Days.

Thank you for asking the query.

Yes Hypertension can cause or precipitate arrhythmia and can cause symptoms to fluctuate. So it is very important to control your blood pressure. Also certain blood pressure medication can precipitate hypertension and these should be avoided.

The symptoms you are experiencing now, need not be necessarily due to arrhythmia or hear rate irregularity. This could be due to anxiety or some sympathetic over activity. But it is prudent to get in touch with your Doctor and have it checked.  

Please feel free to ask followup question via this email itself.  Thank you. 

Dr. Steve Merris
Medical School - New York University
Internship in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Residency in Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Medical Center
Fellowship in Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine - Columbia University Medical Center