Tested positive with herpes. What to do now?

Hello doctor, Recently, after having sex with multiple ladies, I got some lesions in my genital areas, I thought of testing for herpes. I also used to get some cold sore in my genitals and facial areas. As I went testing for it, it was found that I am positive for herpes. My test results showed 1.8 and 1.9 from the strains. What do these values mean? How can I get rid of these sores? Can you suggest some medication for cold sore treatment? Is a cold sore herpes or herpes symptom? How to get rid of herpes?

Herpes is caused by herpes simplex virus or HSV. There are two types of HSV- type 1 and type 2. Being tested positive means you are affected with HSV of either type and you have got these virus in your body. But it is not necessary that you will have symptoms of infection now or even after years. HSV infection can stay dormant in a human body for years, without any visible outbreak. But during the first outbreak, it will erupt through genitals or facial areas, according to the type of infection, as eruptions which are characterized by fever and cold sores. As you have got cold sores, it means that there is an outbreak and you have to get treated symptomatically. If you are sexually active now, you may transmit your infection to your partners too. So it is better to refrain from sexual activities as use of condoms is also not effective in preventing spread of infection. You can also make your partner test for herpes infection to rule out a possibility. It is recommended to ask your doctor to prescribe a medicine for treating cold sores. Hope I have answered your query well. Take care.