Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

A strange sensation in my head, body freezes and have headache

Resolved Question:

Well, um, I'm a 12 year old, and what is happening has being going on for about four years. Basicall I will randomly experience strange images flashing VERY briefly, and a strange sensation in my head. Then, about once a month, my body seems to freeze, and then a lot of images flash in my head, I get terrible pains in my stomach and head, then I feel utterly horrible and sick for the rest of the day. Afterwards I can't remember the images that flash I'm my head properly, just strange blurry bits, and sometimes weird noises. If I concentrate and try to remember I normally either just can't or I get a headache.Now I know this all might sound crazy, but I don't really know where else to ask. If tried everywhere except the actually doctors because my mum won't allow me to go, she doesn't believe me. Thanks much.

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 21 Doctors Online

Thanks for using ask a doctors service from doctor spring. I understand your problem and will try to answer to best possible. The images as described by you earlier are a medical condition known as hallucinations. These are nothing but creations of the mind, which appear to be quite real. The headache and terrible pains you experience is all due to this cause. The hallucinations are of different types namely:

a)Visual hallucination: where the patient can see things that are not real.

b)Auditory hallucination: where they hear sounds like whistling, music.

c)Olfactory hallucination: our or foul smelling odor.

d)Gustatory hallucination: perception of unpleasant taste

e)Tactile hallucination

The hallucinations can be due to various causes:


b)Usage of certain drugs like marijuana, Heroine, LSD.

c)Psychiatric illness like depression, Schizophrenia.



I can understand how frightened you are with all the happenings, but I would recommend you to consult a psychiatrist who would be able to help you with the present condition. They can get a complete physical examination and blood tests to help you with the problem. It is treatable. 

Hope this helps. If there are any further queries you can always ask me.

Thank you.

Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news