Abdominal pain, sweats, nausea which passed. KIDNEY STONES?

Hello, yesterday I had two episodes of severe lower abdominal pain, sweats and nausea that lasted about 10 min. then passed. I still have mild discomfort in that area and also have experienced slight UTI symptoms, I think. My husband thinks I could possibly have a kidney stone which I've never had before. Thank you. Nancy

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 4 Days.

I am Dr. Jaydeep and I am pleased to assist you.
Yes, on and off lower abdominal pain, sweats, nausea, fever, e.t.c are all suggestive of UTI. There are other associated symptoms such as burning micturition or most commonly increase in urinary frequency.
Even the possibility of kidney stones can't be ruled out and can only be confirmed on an ultrasound.
You need to get a urine routine done and an ultrasound whole abdomen done. Further management can be based on that. As of now you should drink plenty of water and cranberry to reduce burning urination.

Thank you. Is there any reason I couldn't wait until tomorrow to be seen? Our clinic is closed today for the holiday but my husband wants me to go to our Insta-care/Urgent care clinic today. As of now I'm only experiencing some cramping. Thank you again. Nancy

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 3 Days.

Thank you for your follow-up.
No, this is not an emergency situation. So you can wait till tomorrow and get the required investigations done.
But do get your urine routine as well as, the ultrasound done.
Dr. Jaydeep

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Senior Residency in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai