Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Accessory hole on the head of penis.

Resolved Question:

Hello, I don't want to beat around the bush (No pun intended), but I'm concerned about my penis. I seem to have two holes on the head. One is in it's proper place (I've checked online) and the other is about one fourth of a centimeter above it. There's a thin wall of skin between the two holes, they are not connected. Urine and semen usually only come out of the bottom hole, although sometimes there are very small amounts of semen in the top hole. I want to know if I should be worried. Thank you very much for your time.

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 32 Doctors Online


It seems, from what you have described that you have a congenital anomaly called hypospadiasis.

Hypospadiasis is the commonest genital malformation that can happen in an infant. It involves opening of the urethra away from the normal position over the head of the penis. This leads to a hole that has no function as it has no connection with the urethra and another hole that is in abnormal position that forms normal function of urination and ejaculation. This condition is harmless in many individuals with minor hypospadiasis. It is only in people in whom the urethra is located too far behind the head of penis that a surgery is required. Hypospadiasis increases chances of urinary tract infection.

My recommendations are-

1) Maintain a good genital hygiene due to increased chances of urinary tract infection. Always wash the head of penis with water to remove smegma (Normal collection of fluids over penis) as it is a known carcinogen.

2) There is an increased incidence of kidney stone in people with hypospadiasis. Hence it is advisable to take precautions against developing kidney stones like Drink plenty of fluids, Avoid food like banana and health supplement that is rich in phosphorous, have plenty of food rich in calcium like milk and egg white.

3) If you feel that the condition is causing you too much of problem, you can approach a plastic surgeon to correct the defect.

4) It is very rarely associated with oligospermia (decreased sperm count) and infertility, hence it's advisable to get an opinion of an urologist.

Thank you.

Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news