Allergic to PENICILLIN. Is it possible to grow out?

Is it possible to grow out of an allergy? I was allergic to Penicillin as a child but I havent had any issues with it for years.

Category: Neurologist, Medical

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 4 Days.

Thank you for posting your query at DoctorSpring.com
I have noted your symptoms and other medical details.
I can understand your anxiety, however, I do not think you have MS or any other severe neurological illness.
This is because for urinary symptoms to be due to a neurological disease, it should be accompanied by other symptoms such as weakness or legs, numbness of legs, imbalance, etc. Isolated urinary symptoms are very rarely neurological.
Moreover, your detailed neurological examination was also normal.
So, let us wait for the MRI brain and spine reports, so that MS and other neurological diseases can be excluded.
Best wishes,
Dr. Sudhir Kumar MD (Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist

Thank you very much for your answer. Obviously I am having anxiety and that is likely the real problem I need to follow up with.
I have been researching and just wanted to check if the fact that I had low vitamin D at the time I first had bladder problems and the fact that I have hashimotos makes a difference here.

Expert:  Dr. Sudhir Kumar replied 3 Days.

Thank you for getting back.
I do not think low vitamin D and Hashimoto's make a difference, and they are co-incidental. In fact, low vitamin D is a norm these days, rather than an exception.
Best wishes,
Senior Consultant Neurologist

Dr. Sudhir Kumar
Senior Residency, Fellowship: DM, Neurology, CMC, Vellore, 2001
Junior Residency: MD, Internal Medicine, CMC, Vellore, 1998
Medical School: MBBS, Christian Medical College, Vellore, 1995