Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Am i Suicidal person? I have constant thoughts of suicide

Resolved Question:

Hello I am a 13 year old girl who has had thoughts of suicide ever since i was young around 4 years old was the first time i threatened to commit suicide. I have been a self harmer ever since i was 11, and that has gotten worse over the weeks. i usually get called ugly And other not very nice names and that was one reason why i tried to commit suicide. A couple months ago i had a failed attempt and i have a constant ringing noise in my ear, even though everybody has it mine is REALLY loud. I tried to commit suicide also due to pressure upon me by my friends telling me all their problems. I feel hated by everybody, I dont really think anybody cares for me. I feel like people are just trying to be nice to me so i will leave them alone. I have taken so many of the mental illness quizzes online and i have ALWAYS gotten the same result. But it's the internet, you usually cant trust it. I have constant thoughts of suicide. Should i go to a psychiatrist or a mental health hospital?

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 32 Doctors Online


Your social awkwardness, suicidal thoughts, auditory hallucinations (noise in ear), delusional thoughts (feeling that everybody hates you) etc., point towards a psychiatric illness most probably a psychotic disorder like Schizophrenia. Psychosis coupled with depressive thoughts (schizoaffective disorder) can lead to strong suicidal ideations. Neglecting these symptoms may worsen your condition.

Rather than online quizzes, I suggest you to under psychoanalytic tests by a registered mental health specialist or Psychiatrist. Take your parents along with you as family conditions play a prominent role in mental health of young people. Doctor can approach to your problem more effectively if he can talk with you and your family. There are several effective behavioral therapies and medications for mental illness. But your willingness to get treated is very important. So I suggest you to consult a psychiatrist as soon as possible and have a detailed evaluation and counseling which can pave the way for subsequent planning of your treatment.

I hope this helps. Please get back to me if you have any further questions.

Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news