Thank you for asking your query at DoctorSpring.
There is no single "best" cure for Hyperhidrosis. Instead there are many treatment options with varying degree of success. Control, rather that cure might be a better word. In Order to guide you further I will need some additional information from you.
1. For how long are you having this symptom ?
2. Can you please explain typical symptom pattern ? Is there any precipitating factors ? What time the sweating occurs most ?
3.Since you are having facial sweating, is it localised to any part ? cheek / nose etc. Does it increase while eating or chewing ?
4. What have you tried so far ? (As treatment)
You can reply as a followup
Patient replied :
1. think ive had it for about 5 or 6 years, getting worse lately.
2. no specific time. completely at random sometimes, and in social environments, at work in meetings. once it starts it just keeps getting worse.
doesnt happen as much when im drinking alchahol, I guess i just dont care as much.
3. Happens mainly from my forehead.
4. Havent tried much to be honest. starting to cut down on shitty foods, energy drinks, and trying to quit smoking.
I sometime use some over the counter antipersperant cream, which seems to last about an hour.
But i want to be able to go to a social event on a hot day and not be completely saturated.
I would recommend you to use prescription strength antiperspirants such ast aluminum chloride in ethanol (Drysol) or 6.25 percent aluminum tetrachloride (Xerac) for now. You can get a prescription from your GP. This will not entirely cure the problem, but will give you good relief. Apply only during night. Do a test application on the hand and the on face before applying it fully. DO follow your Doctor's recommendations. There is a rs
Maintain healthy lifestyle, spend 40 minutes each day in aerobic exercise. Energy drinks, caffeine, and smoking are the worst enemies for this condition. In fact unless you cut them down to zero there is no point in trying medications. The response will differ in each individual's.
Iontophoresis (a method using low voltage current) is the next step. But I would recommend the above anti perspirant creams and life style modification before this.
Hope this helps