Long standing MOLE in hand getting bigger. ACRAL MELANOMA?

I have a small mole on my left palm about 1x3mm which has been there for about 10 years but i think has got slightly bigger, having looked on line i am panicking that it might be a Acral lentiginous melanoma, it is pale brown and pretty even in colour i will try and send an image but may not ,manage it , I know it is a very rare skin cancer, especially as I am white , but can you advise and reassure me. I have a large number of moles but I also have very olive skin and do not burn. I have two similar moles on my the soles of my feet. I am 51 and suffering from health anxiety. thank you very much. I do have a yearly check up with a dematologist but I am not sure if he has seen the mole on my palm. thank you 

I reviewed the picture, but its not a very clear one. Honestly, in the picture its difficult to decide whether its a mole/melanoma or not.
It would be advisable to visit your GP who can view the mole under an instrument called dermatoscope which can easily show the structures within the skin and can give an idea whether its a melanoma or not.
A melanoma cannot be confirmed unless its investigated. But i would advise you to not worry about it excessively.
Please let me know your queries.

Thank you I will go and see my GP, am I right in thinking that it unlikely to be a melanoma if its is small 3mm approx and that it is a very rare skin cancer... ? also if it was and was removed I would have a good chance of being ok ? thank you

Thanks for posting your reply.

You are right that if it's detected and removed you have a big chance of being ok. But its difficult to say that it may not be a melanoma because it's small.

That will depend on what is seen in the investigations.