Best time to take MIFEPRISTONE, MISOPROSTOL for ABORTION.

When is the best time to take Mifepristone and Misoprostol for Abortion? Is 5-6weeks from last Mens good? Can a patient take a pain killer and Iron tablets (for Anemic) while doing the procedure?

Please reply ASAP. I prefer a specialist who has wide knowledge and experience about abortion pills.

Thank you for your medical query at DoctorSpring.com
Provided the pregnancy has been confirmed by ultrasound and is intrauterine pregnancy, the abortion pill can be taken up to 12 weeks, the sooner the better. If it is taken by the ned of 5-6 weeks of pregnancy, the flow following the pill will be slightly heavy, and it won't last more than 10-14 days. Towards the later 10-12 weeks, the chances of heavy bleeding is much higher and the chances of retained products is also more. So, yes you can take it, once your pregnancy is confirmed. You need to be under the care of your physician, follow a good diet, and rest for 2 weeks after the pill consumption. It works well in 95 % of the cases, and has very low side effect profile. You can take iron pills and multivitamins after the pill.
hope this was helpful,

Hello Doctor,
Thanks for your quick response. I really appreciate it. You have answered all my questions. I was advised to take the following medicines in this procedure. Let me know if they're good:
(Mife intructions) 1).after 2 hours of fasting, Take 1 tablet of mifepristone 200mg orally (with water). After 2 hours of taking the pill, you can eat. Don't ever vomit the mife tab.
2). 36 hours later. 4 tabs Misoprostol 200mcg should be inserted vaginally to the deepest part of the vagina (insert one at a time). Just lie down for 3 hours. No peeing, no pooping
3). 24 hours later take methergine(orally) 1 tab every 6 hours till you finish it all
Can I start taking pain killer as soon as I feel the pain during the procedure? Ex. after taking mifepristone? Or can I only take it after Misoprostol? Im also anemic. How many mg do I need for the Iron tablets per day? Are there any food I need to avoid during the procedure?

Thanks Doctor!

The regimens vary from doctor to doctor.
The regimen given to you is appropriate. Make sure you follow it strictly.
Also, you can take painkillers after Mifepristone if there is a lot of pain. simple painkillers like Ibuprofen or Tylenol won't cause any harm.
You can take two iron tablets daily for a month. That should be adequate. What is your current hemoglobin?

Hello Doctor,

Thanks Doctor!

Thanks for that. I have completed the process. Took the 1st and 2nd pill. I stopped drinking Methergine. I only took 5pills cause they're giving me cramps and making me sleepy/dizzy. Can you pls tell me if they're a MUST?
Can you please tell me what tests do I need to take to ensure Im fine and everything came out? Is ultasound enough? How about blood test? If I take blood test, will they know that I took the pills?

Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. Aarti Vazirani replied 1 Day.

You took 4 pills of Misoprostol I guess. Only then the process is complete.
You can stop Methergine, it is only required for heavy bleeding.
You can get an ultrasound done, 2 weeks from the day you took Misoprostol pills, it is the only way to confirm, the products of conception is delivered.