Bleeding with clots, spotting after PROGESTRON in pregnancy.

Hey i was 7 weeks 4 days pregnant wen i noticed spotting of blood while urinating...i went for usg next day which was on 11th of sep which showed a thin perisac bleed with a live embryo with heart rate of 142... i was put on progesteron 200 mg bd ,hcg inj 5000 iu im weekly and comlete bed rest...since 2-3 days my bleeding has increased than spotting nd sometimes its red...yest night i had pain abdomen which lasted for 2-3 mins...i passed a big clot after that....today i just had bleeding once but i m passing clots...this is my first pregnancy and i m 28 yrs old with no significant medical and surgical history...i m really scared ...plz tell me wats going on with me

Hello. Thanks for writing to DoctorSpring.com with your health concern.

Your condition is called a threatened miscarriage.
There is a risk of miscarriage when you have bleeding, clot passage and cramps.
The scan showed a live embryo with heartbeat which is a good sign.
However, as you had increased bleeding, pain with a passage of a clot, you should consult your doctor again for a repeat scan.
There is a possibility that you might have miscarried, please get it confirmed if that is so or not.
You might have lost the embryo and had a partial miscarriage, in which case too, the uterus would need to be completely evacuated by your doctor.
The third possibility is the best - you still have an ongoing viable pregnancy. In that case, your doctor needs to be alerted and you have to be extra cautious.
Take complete rest. Avoid intercourse, stress and any kind of triggers.
All the best.
Please feel free to discuss further.