Blood in semen on ejaculation. What tests to do?

I am a 33 year old male. I've been noticing blood in semen for about a week now. This happened previously about six months ago and lasted for about two weeks and then disappeared. No other symptoms are present. Currently not taking any medications and no other conditions.
Will this go away on its own or do I need to see someone? What tests need to be done?
Can I still have intercourse with wife?

Category: Urologist

Expert:  Dr. Rajiv Goel replied 4 Days.

Thank you for your medical query at DoctorSpring.com
In most cases, hematospermia arises because of some inflammation or infection in any of the ducts involved in expulsion of semen, starting from the prostate to urethra. It resolves spontaneously in a few days. You had it twice in 6 months, so I suggest you get a Urine routine, CT KUB, and Ultrasound scrotum done. These tests are required for the diagnosis. It can be due to an infection, so it is better to have intercourse with condoms.
Please get the tests done and revert back.

Dr. Rajiv Goel
MCh(urology) Medical Council of India
Fellow, Laparoscopic urology, Germany
Fellow, Urooncology and Robotic urology, Australia
DNB - NBE
Felloship - MCH, Urology/Genito-Urinary Surgery, AIIMS, 2004
Residency - MS, Master of Surgery, AIIMS, 2001
Medical School - MBBS, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, AIIMS, 1998