Helped Over 500,000 patients with 98%+ satisfaction.

Connect & Get Personalized 1-to-1 Answers from Expert Doctors

DoctorSpring > Question Home

Bump at the anal area and vaginal pimple

Resolved Question:

my butt cheeks are beyond feeling chapped and do not know what to use, because i am still getting over my vaginal pimples and a bump near my anal area. which in fact im not in a comfortable state. I can not move the way i want to now for four days now and working and moving around constantly is not helping the situation. please help.

Category: Community

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Family Physician-GP
 21 Doctors Online


It seems that you are suffering from a perianal abscess.

An perianal abscess is a collection of pus in the anal or rectal region. It may be caused by infection of an anal fissure, sexually transmitted infections or blocked anal glands. An anal abscess is a painful condition in which a collection of pus develops near the anus. Most anal abscesses are a result of infection from small anal glands. Surgical incision and drainage is the most common treatment for all types of anal abscesses and is usually successful.

I would recommend the following-

 1) Get a surgical consultation and the physician might consider a lancet incision and drainage of the lesion. It is usually done under local anesthesia and mildly painful procedure.

2)Take tab, Tylenol 500 mg for pain relief. You can also use warm cloth compress to facilitate the wound drainage.

3) The patient has to be started on long term antibiotic like Tab cefepim and Tab. Clindamycin. If she cannot take orally, intravenous treatment has to be started.

4) These multiple abscesses usually occur when the immunity of body is low. Get a blood and urine glucose checked to rule out diabetes.

5) Eat a good balanced diet with good portion of proteins carbohydrates and vitamins. Consume diet rich in green leafy vegetables and milk. This will help in improving the immunity of the body and prevent such lesions in future.

Thank you.

Dr. John Monheit
Category: Family Physician-GP
Residecny: North Colorado Family Medicine
Medical School: The Chicago Medical Center
Dr. John Monheit and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Users who read this, also read:

Make informed and better medical decisions.

Join the 500,000 people who found a smarter, quicker way to get Answers, Recommendations & Expert Opinions.

Expert Doctors at fingertips

Recommendation on next step. Second-opinion.Multi-specialty.

Save Time

Average time for answers: 6 hours.

Save Money

$35 for typical specialist consult vs. $120 for a local appointment.

Free Follow-ups

Clarify, ask further questions for free in private conversation.

100% Satisfaction

Money back guarantee for the 1st reply. MEDNET Quality Board.

Start My Consultation



Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in news