Thank you for asking DoctorSpring.
Sure I can recommend a mattress.
I would like to know some additional details so that I can give you a more learned opinion.
1. You country /location -
2. Cause of the back pain (if diagnosed by your Doctor) -
3. If a MRI was taken, then the result -
4. Do you have pain through out the day or occasional (with / without activity ?)
5. Do you have pain radiating down to legs ?
You can reply as a followup
Patient replied :
Thank you for your reply!
To answer your questions:
1) Washington, DC USA 2) see below 3) no MRI 4) occasional pain 5) no pain down the legs
I am having moderate lower back pain. I have a very old mattress and I think this may be the root cause. I contacted my FSA service and they told me that a doctor can write a memo stating that "a new mattress may help with my lower back pain." With that memo, I can use my FSA funds for part of the mattress cost. Can you please provide this letter to me so I don't leave money in my FSA, which I will not be able to get back if I don't spend it by the end of the year.
Thank you very much for your help!
Sorry that we couldn't help. If you have no further queries you can get a full refund for the consult. Just drop a mail to email@example.com.
PS : You can go for any firm mattress (without long springs). If the backpain is persisting it better to get evaluated.