What is the cause of stomach bloating?

Dear Doctor, My name is XXX, a year ago I had problem with weight loss, even though I’m really skinny I still wanted to lose weight, because of this I have underactive (hypothyroidism). I have also noticed that my stomach is bloated all the time no matter what I eat... its a big problem because I feel bad about my self having a big stomach for no reason. In the morning it’s perfectly flat but then though out the day it gets bigger, why? I have tried everything and nothing works

Hello, With reference to your query regarding bloating of the stomach all the time, and also you are already hypothyroid, whereas in hypothyroid you should get weight gain rather than weight loss. In abdominal bloating, abdomen feels less comfortably full and pain; flatulence, frequent burping or belching and abdominal rumbling accompanies it. Most common causes include swallowing of air, constipation, heart burn, irritable bowel syndrome, intolerance to dairy products, eating too fast, menstruation, weight gain, overgrowth of bacteria in small bowel, giardiasis, medications, anatomical or structural abnormalities of Gastrointestinal tract, Sugar substitutes and also seen in their conditions like ascites, liver disease, kidney failure, congestive heart failure, iliac disease, ovarian cancer and pancreatic insufficiency. Treatment consists of to stop chewing gum, to limit your intake of carbonated drinks, to avoid gassy foods such as cabbage, dried beans and lentils. Eat slowly and avoid drinking through a straw. Use lactose free dairy products. Anyway consult your GP and have a detailed discussion.