Pain in back, abdomen with red lifted bumps/rash.

I have pain in my lower left abdomen that started out across my whole lower back 4 weeks ago and lasted for 2 days and then went away. Last week it came back in the lower left abdomen.Also I noticed this time that I have a rash that is red lifted bumps in the shape of a belt down my left side

This seems to be herpes zoster. It's also called shingles. It's a classical presentation where three are fluid filled blisters on one side of the body associated with pain and burning sensation at times.

The treatment for it would be oral anti viral called valacyclovir. You will need a prescription for the same.

Application of mupirocin cream will further aid in healing.

Yes I agree with you. I have to ask,do you think its possible that the first pain I had a month before that lasted two days could have been an allergic reaction to an insect bite that weakened that area for the shingles virus to appear a few weeks after?(It happenned minutes after I was emptying a sweeper ful of grass clippings) I have to go to work in two days, Iam guessing by reading about the virus that I should be asking my doctor about sick leave?

Thanks for posting your reply.

That is possible. Any lowering of immunity can result in shingles.

At times, shingles could follow a severe course and you might not be fit enough to work. But it varies in different people, so you could take a call if you are feeling fit enough. Taking rest for the initial couple of days would be beneficial.

Just came back from hospital it is Shingles

Kindly rest adequately and take Oral Valacyclovir as i suggested.
Wish you a speedy recovery.