Can I be infected by injuring cuticles with saloon tools?

I went to the nail salon to get a pedicure and the lady doing my nails used a tool for cuticles. She cut a cuticle and it was bleeding a little. Should I be worried about an sort of infectious diseases? She sprayed and wiped it with alcohol right after. She told me they disinfect the tools.

Category: Infectious Disease Specialist

Thank you for your query at DoctorSpring.com.

I understand your concern. Since the lady sprayed alcohol and cleaned right after, there is nothing to worry.
Alcohol is an effective disinfectant and kills or inactivates germs. That is the reason why an alcohol swab is used to clean the area before an injection is given.
As you have mentioned that the instruments are also cleaned after use, the risk of getting an infection is even more neglible.
You do not have to worry about getting any infection. So please relax.

I hope this was helpful.
Feel free to ask queries.