Can I take antifungal cream for JOCK ITCH?

I am a 29 year old male. I have a fungal infection, (I suppose its a jock itch) on my penis and on the groin region but i don't have symptoms of itching. I thought of using an anti fungal cream but before doing that I would like to consult a doctor for it.
I wanted to know the cure for this infection. I would really appreciate if you would help me with this.

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 4 Days.

Jock itch is a fungal infection ( ringworm ) which leads to a rash with patches that may be red or peeling or that have bumps on the edges that look like blisters. The skin often is itchy, and the rash spreads very quickly. It involves the groin area most commonly, apart from inner thighs and buttocks. This occurs mostly in the moist areas due to excessive sweating.
You need to apply Clotrimazole powder over the areas of the rash, 2-3 times daily and the rash should subside in about 3 days time. If it does not then one single dose of Oral Fluconazole will help in treating the infection. Besides, proper groin hygiene, keeping the area clean and dry, and washing frequently with gentle soap and water especially after exercise is mandatory to prevent future infections.
Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Thank you very Dr. Tripathy.
I will try that.

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 3 Days.

Thank you for writing to us.
Do get back to me updating on your recovery.
Wish you great health!!

I sure will get back to you. Just one more thing, is lotrimin miconazole as effective as clotrimazole? I mean I have miconazole spray, if that would work?

Expert:  Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy replied 2 Days.

Yes, it is effective. However, it is not routinely prescribed.
I guess you're referring to the dry powder spray. It does work. It's just that Clotrimazole is preferred and prescribed commonly.

Ok, thank you very much Dr. Tripathy.
I will surely get back to you in few days.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
MBBS from Sri Ramachandra University in December 2011
M.Med (Family Medicine) - TNMGR University, Chennai
MBA-MPH in Public Health in March 2016, SRM University
Finished AFIH in March 2016, SRM University
MRCP ( UK ), Internal Medicine, Royal College of Physicians, June 2016
Fellowship in Diabetology from Martin Luther University in January 2017

Currently Senior Residency in MD Radiodiagnosis - Kamakshi Memorial Hospital, Chennai