Can ZIDOVUDINE, EMCITABINE used as PEP medication for HIV?

I think I'm post-exposure prophylaxis, which means that I might got infected with HIV. But it has been almost 30hrs. I've searched for it and there's this thing called PEP that would prevent getting the virus spread and can kill it. They're many medications for that but I'm not sure how many or which ones should I take? They say 2-3medications but I'm not sure which ones and the dose..

A combination of Sustiva (efavirenz), plus Epivir (lamivudine) or Emtriva (emtricitabine), plus AZT (zidovudine) or Viread (tenofovir). (Note that emtricitabine and tenofovir are often combined as Truvada.)
A combination of Kaletra (lopinavir/ritonavir), plus Epivir (lamivudine) or Emtriva (emtricitabine) plus AZT (zidovudine)

If I wasn't infected, is taking those medication might do anything wrong? And can I find them in a pharmacy?
And when can I do the blood test to check if I'm positive or negative?

Category: HIV- AIDS Specialist

I will like to know more details about your exposure just to understand the need of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis.
However if there has been a risky exposure, it is prudent to start the PEP, and it should not be delayed beyond 3 days. PEP is normally required for 28 days, and there will be minor gastric discomfort, loss of appetite and nausea, no long term complications. This kind of outweighs the risks of HIV infection itself, and so starting PEP is a smarter choice in case there is a need.
A combination of Zidovudine + Tenofovir/ Zidovudine ( AZT ) + Emtricitabine acts well and is the recommended choice. You can go for either.
You can take the PEP for 28 days, and get yourself tested at the end of 6 weeks. The latest 4th generation tests can 99 % rule out infection by the end of 1 month from exposure, still doctors like testing at the end of 6 weeks for conclusive evidence.