A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Canker sores on upper inside of lips

Resolved Question:

I have had sores on the upper inside of my lip for the past four years. They erupted when I was on a steroid cream that I had to put on my mouth due to swelling for an allergic reaction, and haven't gone away since. I went to the doctor and was given Valtrex but it made no difference. I do get canker sores, but those go away after a week or so and these sores are not very painful. I am just trying to figure out what these are and what I can take to make them go away.

Category: Dermatologist

Ask Your Own Question

Category: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon
Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar is online now

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 4 Days.


Thanks for your query.

I can understand your concern. However, if you could send me a clearer picture, I would be able to provide better advice. The picture that you have sent is a little blurred and its taken very up close.


Patient replied :

Hi hopefully this is clearer and I drew arrows pointing to the bumps I am referring to.

Expert:  Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar replied 3 Days.

Thanks for getting back.

Your condition from the description and the history and the image provided, indicates that you have chronic apthae since it has been going on for so many years. This condition needs to be treated high dose Vitamin B 12 and short course of Folic acid . Valtrex like antivirals do not work in this condition . Deficiency in Vitamins tend to cause this problem. I would suggest you to get your basic blood test checked which include Complete Blood count ,ESR ,Blood Sugar,& CRP levels.

This will give a hint to the origin of these ulcers .

Thanks and Take care. Please feel free to ask any queries.

Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar
Category: Cosmetic and Plastic Surgeon
Diploma in Dermatology - Royal College Of Physicians & Surgeons Of Glasgow, UK , 2010
Residency - DNB, Dermatology -  K.J Somaiya Hospital, Mumbai, 2009
Medical School & Internship - MBBS - Dr. D . Y . Patil Medical College, Mumbai, 2004
Dr. Kruti Jobanputra Banodkar and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Make informed and better medical decisions.

We believe that getting medical questions answered and getting qualified opinions from certified Doctors should be easier.

Specialists from
UK, US, Ind,
Aus & NZ

48000+ consults
in 2015

98.1% Satisfied

100% Satisfaction

How it works

  • Submit question, upload files, if any
  • Consult is assigned to a specialist
  • Doctor replies, Mean response time: 2 hours
  • Intimation by email, ask follow-ups

Recommendations based on

About DoctorSpring.com

Doctor Spring is a novel online Doctor consultation platform where you can get your medical questions answered by leading Doctors. Just Submit your question and rest assured that you will consult a Doctor easily. Once you submit the question, the Doctor from the concerned specialty will reply within hours. You can always ask more questions or add details with follow-up question options and make it an online doctor chat. You may use this service to consult a specialty or for getting medical second opinion. All paid services come with a MEDNET quality assurance and 100% money back guarantee.

DoctorSpring in News


Make informed and better medical decisions.

Close x

Your account has been deleted.

PS: You can unsubscribe from emails from DoctorSpring, by going to
Unsubscribe link provided in them.